The purpose of this position is to carry out the aims and objective of the sport program as outline by the head coach and school administration, and to instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the students shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline, sportsmanship and service to others.
- Previous successful coaching experience.
- Commitment to professional growth.
- Ability to accept responsibilities outside the team as they relate to the school and community.
- Ability to handle multitude of varying and complex issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- MIAA Certified coach; (or certifiable).
- NF Fundamentals of coaching course.
- Attends all practices and games.
- Complies with school and MIAA policies and regulations.
- Complies with school and Conference/League policies and regulations.
- Works cooperatively with the school staff.
- Cooperates with Assistant Athletic Director and the head coach to submit rosters, equipment lists and bus lists.
- Relates positively to parents and other community representatives.
- Completes required records and reports with promptness and accuracy.