- Establishes philosophies, skills and techniques to be learned by staff.
- Designs conferences, clinics and staff meetings to insure staff awareness of overall program.
- Trains and informs staff, encourages professional growth by encouraging clinic attendance according to local clinic policy.
- Delegates specific duties, supervises implementation analyzes program effectiveness.
- Maintains discipline, adjusts grievances and works to increase morale and cooperation.
- Assists the Athletic Director in scheduling, providing transportation and requirements for tournament and special sport events.
- Assists in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sport events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times.
- Coordinates program with maintenance and school employees.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects and coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Previous successful coaching or competitive experience.