Essential Job Functions:
- Exhibit exceptional integrity and character at all times.
- Act as a positive role model in the school and community.
- Cultivate a program culture that demands respect between participants.
- Actively recruit students within the school to participate in the program.
- Collaborate with and follow the direction of the Varsity Coach and the Athletic Director
- Develop and maintain a positive rapport with students, athletes, parents, and assistant coaches throughout the program.
- Support the Varsity Coach by collaborating regularly and fulfilling overall responsibilities. Other Job Functions:
- Maintain integrity of confidential information relating to students, staff, or District patrons.
- Advocate for multi-sport athletes.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Experience Preferred: Prior experience in coaching with increasing levels of responsibility. Knowledge of the sport, coaching techniques, and student supervision.
- Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
- Skills to effectively communicate in verbal and written modes with student/athletes, parents, assistant coaches, and other school staff. Strong leadership, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the sport, coaching techniques, student supervision, and District policies.
- Abilities to stand and walk for prolonged periods, perform a variety of specialized and responsible tasks, maintain records, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, other school personnel, meet schedule and deadlines. Significant physical abilities include lifting/carrying, reaching/handling, talking/hearing conversations, near/far visual acuity/depth perceptions/accommodation/field of vision.
North Marion School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.