To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Excellent communication skills with parents and students required.
- Applicant should have the ability to establish an environment in which athletes can gain self-esteem and develop a positive self-image.
- Applicant must establish a team that demonstrates good sportsmanship.
- Basketball and/or coaching experience preferred.
- Flexible time commitment.
- First aid and CPR knowledge preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Developing and communicating clear and specific goals for the team and individual players.
- Maintaining open and honest communication with students, parents, other coaches, and Athletic Director.
- Developing and demonstrating a good knowledge base of best practices specific to their coaching arena.
- Supporting and collaborating with coaches in other athletic programs.
- Modeling and teaching skills necessary to succeed.
- Supporting student academic expectations, responsibilities, and achievements.
- Developing the knowledge and understanding of Forest Hills Public Schools policies and procedures as it applies to athletics.
- Promoting and enforcing the student-athlete code of conduct.
The Forest Hills Public School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, or sexual orientation), marital status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally prohibited basis in its employment decisions or the provision of services.