Under direction of the Athletic Director, the Coach is responsible to develop and sustain a program for students to achieve a high level of skill in applicable sport fitness, and the development of an appreciations for discipline, hard work, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and supervise a regular schedule of practice
- Encourage sportsmanship and team unity and enforce all sportsmanship guidelines
- Enforce discipline of contest, school, conference and state rules and regulations
- Supervise assistant coaches and enhance the professional development (if applicable).
- Oversee the safety conditions and accountability issues involving students and facilities located both on ASD Properties and at off campus facilities.
- Maintain accurate records of uniforms, equipment, individual and team statistics, and accomplishments.
- Submit required forms and athletic documents.
- Recommend purchase of equipment and supplies
- Coordinate and develop and effective and sustainable fundraising plan with Athletic Director that is easily communicated with administration, players, coaches, media and community.
- Experience coaching/participating in applicable sport at the high school or collegiate level. Prior coaching experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of NFHS applicable sport Rules, DIAA Rules and Regulations, Blue Hen Conference Regulations, and ASD Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge of basic First Aid / Athletic Training Practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, teachers, coaches and community using the APPROVED Appoquinimink School District Communication Methods.
- Excellent organizational skills.