Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise all aspects of the JV team.
- Complete pre-season planning well in advance of the starting date and communicate with the Varsity Head Coach and JV assistants.
- Build a relationship with each student-athlete on the team, regardless of role.
- Motivate students to improve individually and contribute to team improvement.
- Run well-organized practices using sound teaching progressions.
- Communicate with parents and student-athletes in a timely fashion.
- Promote safety within all aspects of the program.
- Follow all IAAM rules and regulations.
- Provide coaching and instruction that upholds the values and ideals of the Catholic Church and is in alignment with the mission of The John Carroll School.
- Supervise the distribution, maintenance and use of school-issued uniforms and equipment.
- Work in tandem with the Varsity Coaches.
- Be committed to self-improvement and professional development.
- Demonstrated success in coaching at the high school level is required; experience playing at a high level also preferred.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the skills involved with this sport.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills.
- Ability to relate and work with diverse groups.