Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is seeking a Head JV/Assistant Varsity Softball Coach for the 2023-2024 academic year. They will foster a positive and inclusive team atmosphere that values individual development, discipline, and sportsmanship while keeping the self-esteem and best interest of all student-athletes first and foremost.
- Educate student-athletes in the game of Softball.
- Provide leadership that promotes positive attitudes and good sportsmanship.
- Notifies team members of all Woodland’s Academy Athletic Program policies, procedures, and training rules as they pertain to the team.
- Plan and communicate to the Head Varsity Coach in all practice sessions and competition strategies which ensure the health and physical well-being of student-athletes.
- Coordinates, in conjunction with the Head Coach, practice schedules, team tryouts, meetings, team workouts, and summer open gym/conditioning sessions in coordination with IHSA regulations.
- Maintains, along with the head coach, the proper supervision of student-athletes at practices, games, in locker rooms, and on school-provided transportation.
- Previous experience as a Softball Coach, required.
- Meets IHSA criteria.
- Must be available from the first allowable practice date as designated by the IHSA for all practices, games, and regional/state finals.
- Successful completion of criminal and sexual offender registry background checks.