The job of “Assistant Coach” is to support the Forest Grove School District athletic objective, policy of interscholastic athletics, and Forest Grove School District Athletic Code. The District believes that extra-curricular activities are an integral part of school life. All students, regardless of their ability should take part if possible to be able to grow physically, intellectually, and socially through participation. Coaches organize and conduct the athletic programs to meet the needs of the school District and their participants.
- Experience in and/or knowledge of the sport, coaching techniques, and student supervision.
- Ability and willingness to successfully communicate with student/athletes, parents, assistant coaches, and other school staff in both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to perform coaching responsibilities in accordance with school and District procedures and policies.
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification preferred.
- Current Concussion Management and updates on all other OSAA requirements.
- Maintain integrity of confidential information relating to students, staff, or District patrons.
- The ability to work harmoniously with others.
The Forest Grove School District is an equal opportunity employer and provides services to the public on an equal opportunity basis and does not discriminate in employment or the provision of public services on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief, citizenship or marital status.