- Model the behaviors outlined in the NFHS Coaches Code of Ethics, especially those pertaining to sportsmanship.
- Have full control of the team in all matters pertaining to coaching and athletic discipline.
- Implement WHS Athletic Department policies and team rules.
- Be responsible for information contained in the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association Handbook and the WHS Athletic Guide.
- Stay informed of rule changes, trends, and recommendations that affect their particular sport.
- Be present at each practice session and at all contests of the sport coached.
- Develop an organized written practice plan to include adequate warm-up and cool-down procedures on a daily basis.
- Make sure that the facilities and equipment are safe and that safety procedures are taught and followed in all areas.
- Previous successful playing and/or coaching; experience working with adolescents.
- Current CPR, First Aid Certification, completion of the MIAA Coaches Education Class and other requirements by the MIAA.