To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Coaches individuals in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Maintains accurate statistics, records, and results of the season.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Maintains competency in rules, rule interpretations, meet procedures, coaching techniques, and general information about all aspects of the sport.
- Establishes performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in this sport and is consistent in establishing criteria for eligibility in competition.
- Valid South Carolina Teaching Certificate, if applicable.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding in carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to analyze information and use logic to address work related issues and problems.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.