To carry out the aims and objectives of the sport program as outlined by the head coach. To instruct athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Valid Iowa coaching authorization.
- Willing to obtain VIRTUS certification (online through Diocese of Davenport).
- Willing to obtain NFHS concussion certification (online through NFHS).
- Has knowledge and background in softball.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists the head coach in scheduling and providing transportation to and from tournaments and special events.
- Assists in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sport events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times. Coordinates program with maintenance and school employees.
- Provides documentation to the Activities Director to fulfill state and system requirements concerning physical examinations, parent/guardian consent and eligibility.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
- Provides training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete who is considered a participant.
- Presence at all practices, games and while traveling, provides assistance and guidance to and safeguards for each participant.