RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions, to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student athletes in boys basketball.
- Coordinate the development, promotion and recruitment for the Boys Basketball Program.
- Hold organizational meetings for team prospects and encourage potential athletes to participate in the boys basketball program.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student athletes.
- Ensure all boys basketball coaches work together toward a common goal within the boys basketball program and provide unity within the youth community programs.
- Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students’ athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.
- Develop a regular practice schedule and organize practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Hold a preseason meeting with all student athletes and parents before the first official game.
- Assess players’ skills and assign team positions.
- Determine game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.