Essential Job Functions:
- Exhibit exceptional integrity and character at all times.
- Act as a positive role model in the school and community.
- Cultivate a program culture that demands respect between participants.
- Actively recruit students within the school to participate in the program.
- Collaborate with and follow the direction of the Varsity Coach and the Athletic Director
- Develop and maintain a positive rapport with students, athletes, parents, and assistant coaches throughout the program.
- Support the Varsity Coach by collaborating regularly and fulfilling overall responsibilities. Other Job Functions:
- Maintain integrity of confidential information relating to students, staff, or District patrons.
- Advocate for multi-sport athletes.
- Experience Preferred: Prior experience in coaching with increasing levels of responsibility. Knowledge of the sport, coaching techniques, and student supervision.
- Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
- Skills to effectively communicate in verbal and written modes with student/athletes, parents, assistant coaches, and other school staff. Strong leadership, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the sport, coaching techniques, student supervision, and District policies.
North Marion School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, veteran status, familial status, genetic information, and/or disability of employee, with or without reasonable accommodations, is able to perform the essential functions of the position.