The Coach is to provide additional educational opportunities outside of the regular curriculum by providing leadership and mentoring skills to students will they participate in a sport. They provide a safe environment where a student can develop personal skills and teamwork.
- High School Diploma/GED, Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Must hold a valid Arizona State Teachers certificate, and/or appropriate AIA Coaching Certificates and CPR/First Aide certificates.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general curriculum periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence with parents, community and other agencies.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Advocates for their department.
- Effectively communicates with staff, community, parents and players regarding activities and student participation in sports.
- Enforces AIA regulations and Board policies.
- Where appropriate evaluates support staff.
- Oversees the maintenance of equipment and buildings used by the athletic department.
- Keeps and accurate inventory of all equipment.
- Is a mentor and coach for the students.