- Provide activity instruction to scholars, individually or in groups.
- Implement program policies and procedures.
- Organize and conduct practices, conditioning programs and competitive events.
- Evaluate scholars’ performance and provide opportunities to improve technical and strategic execution.
- Maintains a supportive environment for program participants and facilitates involvement. Motivate team for maximum performance by utilizing motivational philosophies that meet
- the needs of the scholars and that are consistent with The Preuss School UCSD Athletic Program philosophy.
- Coaches team at competitive events.
- A high school diploma: demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence in both academics and athletics, as well as to understand the needs of students balancing the requirements of academics and athletics.
- Demonstrated ability to teach the specified sport to individuals and the team as a whole.
- Ability to follow work schedule as outlined by Athletic Director.
- Strong proven knowledge of sound principles and rules governing the specified sport. Personal experience with the specified sport.
- Ability to use all athletic equipment and computer software programs needed to perform job duties.
- Ability to provide game and player analysis for training and player development. · Strong writing skills to prepare clearly understandable correspondence.
- Good interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.