The teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and psychological growth. This person is responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with Buckeye Elementary School District policies.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university.
- Valid Arizona teaching certificate.
- Certain endorsement(s) and/or approved content areas may be required for certain positions.
- IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare thorough and complete lesson plans and instruct students in accordance with established curriculum and student need.
- Assess student needs and performance. Develop, implement and evaluate daily lesson plans, to include scheduled activities and materials. Modify instruction to meet the needs of each child.
- Prepares teaching materials and related reports (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of implementing lesson plans and documenting student progress.
- Implement a developmentally appropriate integrated curriculum design that emphasizes building meaningful content connections for the students.
- Establish a positive learning environment, prepare, deliver and respond with differentiated instruction to meet the needs of students.
- Plan, organize and display classroom materials appropriate to curricular activities.
- Uses and implements classroom management techniques to maintain organization, orderliness, student safety, and a productive learning environment.