The candidate is responsible for creating a safe, encouraging, enjoyable, and respectful learning environment that fosters, promotes, and develops the physical, intellectual, social, and emotional health of children.
- Continuously examines programming for cultural competency and implements equitable experiences for all students.
- Plan, organize and deliver lessons aligned with the Physical Education National Standards and Grade-Level Outcomes for students in grades K-8.
- Provide appropriate safety instruction and provide safety checks on equipment, gymnasium, and field areas to ensure the overall safety of students.
- Implement skills-based health to middle school students.
- Implement authentic assessments to determine student growth and effectively communicate feedback and data to students, parents, administration, and the community, as necessary.
- Incorporate a variety of instructional methods, technology, and media best suited for health education and physical education content and skills.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Preferred- Experience in Physical Education and Wellness Environments.
- Preferred- A valid Mass. DESE teaching license in physical education K-8.
The Public Schools of Brookline is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Members of underrepresented groups and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.