Instructs students in physical education activities in a school; teaches individual and team sports, physical fitness, rhythms and dance.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in Education and a valid Tennessee teacher's license with appropriate endorsement;
- Has strong written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills; and
- Meets health and physical requirements.
- Plans curriculum and prepares lessons and other materials, considering factors such as individual needs, abilities, learning levels, and physical limitations of students;
- Organizes, leads, instructs, and referees indoor and outdoor games or athletic activities;
- Instructs individuals or groups in beginning or advanced calisthenics or corrective exercises, determining type and level of difficulty;
- Applies knowledge of sports physiology and corrective techniques;
- Teaches and demonstrates use of apparatus and equipment;
- Arranges and adjusts equipment utilized by students;
- Teaches physical education to physically, mentally, or emotionally disabled students, adapting teaching techniques and methods of instruction to meet individual needs of students;
- Ensures students are dressed appropriately for activities.