The teacher will facilitate learning for ResponsiveEd students in order to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. The teacher enables and works with parents and students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Texas State Teacher’s Certification in subject to be taught.
- Bachelor’s degree with a passing score on an ExCET/TExES Exam in grade level or content area to be taught.
- Bachelor’s degree with an academic minor or major (minimum of 18 credit hours) in the core academic subject areas to be taught.
- Bachelor’s degree and documented successful, relevant work experience in the content area to be taught, established by at least one year of employment in a specific field or occupation that required the educator to demonstrate knowledge or skill in the content area. This is to be supported by a professional letter of recommendation from the educator’s employer or supervisor.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare effective lessons, instruct, and motivate students in all course study utilizing classical traditional methods of instruction.
- Assign lessons and correct classwork and homework in a timely manner.
- Administer formative and summative assessments to evaluate student progress, record results, and issue reports to inform parents of progress.
- Provide academic interventions for struggling students.
- Maintain student grades and student-parent communication via the school’s online grading and communication tool.
- Maintain discipline in the classroom.