Under direct supervision of head coach, provides leadership, and oversees all coaching duties delegated to him/her for an interscholastic athletic program operating under NJSIAA operating bylaws and regulations. Assists in directing and coordinating all aspects of training, preparing and planning for an athletic competition, fiscal management and program activities.
The Assistant Coach has the duties and responsibilities commonly associated with this position, including (but not limited to) the following, which are performed directly or through the proper delegation of authority, within the framework of the general laws of New Jersey, the regulations of the NJ State Department of Education, the policies and rules of the Nutley School District, and the terms of the contract with the Nutley Education Association, with all of which he/she is expected to be familiar. As well, the position is responsible for duties commonly associated with communication positions, which are performed directly or through the proper delegation of authority.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in promoting the general welfare of the team and help student athletes achieve both team and personal goals.
- Assist in promoting philosophies and theologies of the head coach.
- Assist in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training and competition in order to properly prepare for week-to-week opponents.
- Assist in directing all aspect, areas and components of the football team (i.e. defense, offense, and various individual positions.
- Assist in coordinating strategic aspects of the program.
- Represent program at various in and out of school events, programs, and responsibilities; including but not limited to fund raising, student activities groups, parents, and general public.
- Assist in managing daily operations of their program.
- Prepare daily practice regimen for said position responsibilities to be incorporated into team practice schedule.
- Assist in various evaluation programs both athletic and academic.
The physical demands described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.