- Provides a set of written training rules/code of conduct policies to their students at the beginning of the season; refer to the Athletic Handbook (V. Coaching Guidelines & regulations. Sec 2, No.2a.) for guidance.
- Determines the personnel of the team.
- Administers appropriate forms of discipline for infractions of athletic policies, rules, or regulations, consistent with the Administrative HELP Manual’s reference to due process.
- Provides written communication to the student athlete regarding the requirements for earning an athletic award prior to the start of the season.
- Submits to the athletic director an eligibility roster for certification at least one week before the first contest.
- Collects and reviews completed required forms from each student athlete prior to their participation.
- Maintains a written inventory of equipment, supplies and uniforms at the conclusion of the season.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency Certificate.
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field of education from a regionally accredited college or university preferred.
- Athletic experience at the high school, college, organized recreation council program, and/or professional level in the sport or related coaching experience.
- Current teaching experience preferred.