Responsibilities and Duties:
- Reports to the Director of Athletics and Student Activities.
- Begin conducting tryouts and pre-season practice according to the starting date outlined by the MIAA blue book.
- Screen, select, organize and prepare players for competition.
- Conduct team practices regularly. Team will participate in practices/games at least five times per week.
- Coach the team at every game, as required, throughout the season.
- Appoint and supervise a student manager to maintain statistics, records, and rosters.
- Coordinate with the Director of Athletics and Student Activities the efficient distribution and return of equipment, uniforms and supplies.
- Insure that players have approval to play by a medical physician, parents and the school administration. Evidence of being covered by some form of student accident insurance shall be required from each player.
- Promote by example: loyalty, leadership, dedication, physical conditioning, sportsmanship, cooperation, playing skill and personal responsibility.
- Experience as a player or coach, preferably in the sport, or physical education instructor.
- Knowledgeable of the game - rules, skills, techniques and rules of Nat’l Fed. Lacrosse and MIAA.
- Availability to meet practice and contest schedule as scheduled.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out all duties and responsibilities.
It is the policy of the Blackstone Valley Vocational Regional School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, ancestry, military status, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition.