- Candidates should have a passion for working with students, families/caregivers, and colleagues.
- Candidates must be flexible and collaborative.
- Candidates must demonstrate a belief in a growth mindset for students as well as for self.
- Successful completion of Criminal Records Check (C.O.R.I.), Sexual Offender Record Check (S.O.R.I.), and fingerprints.
- Organizes safe and effective practice sessions.
- Develops and delegates specific job tasks for assistant(s).
- Establishes a working rapport with, and is directory responsible to, the Athletic Director/Principal.
- Adheres to all district and school policies regarding the athletics department.
- Models good sportsmanship and enforces respectful behavior among players at all times.
- Communicates personal and program expectations to the team and individual players.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude towards and enthusiasm for the coaching assignment.
- Models personal growth by looking for opportunities for self improvement.
- Supervises athletes in all athletics settings including on the buses and at away locations.
- Manages and monitors all program equipment.
The Westborough Public Schools do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other class protected by law.