- Works with lower school students in a variety of settings.
- Leads students in the learning of Physical Education, taking into account gross motor developmental milestones.
- Thinks creatively and works with all staff to help students grow in coordinated movement development.
- Is positive and enthusiastic with all students.
- Understands and works with a variety of student ability levels.
- Helps with positive behavior management strategies for all students.
- Maintains confidentiality for students at CCS.
- Helps with administrative duties as needed.
- Communicates clearly through speaking and writing.
- Collaborates with other Lower School PE staff to create lesson plans.
- Maintains current gradebook with quantitative and qualitative data.
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ and a commitment to the mission of Chattanooga Christian School.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Physical Education or a related discipline is required. A current Tennessee Teaching license or the ability to transfer a license from another state to a TN License in Physical Education or a related endorsement is required. (419, Health & Wellness K-12)
- Adept at using classroom technology.
- Ability and flexibility to be trained in a variety of subject areas.
- Ability to work with students with disabilities in inclusion settings.
- Character, call, and availability to fulfill the needs of the job description.
- Highly motivated and able to work collaboratively.