Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instructs students by lecturing, demonstrating, and using audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement presentations.
- Prepares course objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements of the school.
- Assigns lessons and corrects homework, quizzes, tests, projects, etc. in a timely manner.
- Administers tests to evaluate pupil progress, records results, and issues reports to inform parents of progress.
- Keeps attendance records.
- Maintains discipline in classroom and demonstrates effective classroom management skills.
- Communicates with parents to discuss student progress and problems.
- Participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops, and independent educational study for growth.
- Profess a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Maintain a positive Christian testimony.
- Be involved in a local church of like faith and practice, consistent with the RCS Statement of Faith.
- Agree with and adhere to the employee handbook.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to meet people comfortably and engage in substantive conversation.
- Must be able to work diligently and independently and make judgments with minimal supervision.