Responsible for providing innovative coaching, direction and support in all aspects of Masters swim operation. Develop and maintain top quality communication between peer coaches, swimmers, and members and the club that is critical to the success of the program.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Recruit, train and supervise Masters swimmers.
- Support the organization, planning, promotion and evaluation of all swim team activity.
- Oversee the control and safety of the pool during clinics, practices and meets.
- Assist in the scheduling of the pool for clinics, practices and meets.
- Provide innovative practice and workout content including written practice plans, instruction in all four competitive strokes, stars, turns and touches and the use of drills and stroke correction in every opportunity.
- Foster sportsmanship, camaraderie and a positive work ethic in every swimmer.
- Coach must be present at all scheduled practices, meets and team events.
- Maintain attendance records.
- Swim coaching experience (preferably 2+ years).
- Positive experience within the aquatics industry.
- Possess the ability to project an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- CPR/AED certifications.
- Must be consistently available throughout the year to build an athlete base.
- Must work with other masters coaches to build a cohesive training program.
- Must be able to write practices.