Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing the year-round Masters Swim program.
- Must be available for all workouts but will coach a minimum of 3 workouts a week. Masters Swim program schedule is Monday/Wednesday/Friday 5:30pm-6:45pm, and Tuesday/Thursday 5:45 am-7:00 am.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to writing workouts, stroke instruction and assisting in all coaching duties.
- Record attendance and lock up the Duke Kahanamoku Aquatic Complex after all participants have left.
- Set-up facilities for practice.
- Maintains collaborative working relationships with staff, administrators and coaches in the department, other college offices, and members of the media, donors, and other individuals interested in the Program and Athletics Department.
- Maintains confidentiality to include but not limited to information, files and records that the incumbent may obtain or possess, in accordance with federal and state laws and University of Hawaii policies.
- Graduation from an accredited four year college or university.
- Two (2) years experience coaching swimming or competing at the collegiate level.
- Ability to write and conduct swim practices.
- Ability to set up the facility for practice.
- Available to work early mornings and late evenings.
- Ability to record attendance, and help with member registrations.
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Lifeguard Certified.
The University of Hawai'i is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.