The Head Men's Soccer Coach is responsible for maintaining a high-quality NAIA athletic program that supports student recruitment and enhances the educational experience and personal growth of the student-athletes. This position will manage the team and all aspects according to the Columbia College Department of Intercollegiate Athletics Policies and Procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Recruits and trains all men’s soccer student-athletes.
- Schedules contests, arranges travel and transportation, follows budgetary guidelines, purchases equipment, inventories equipment and supplies, and all issues related to the intercollegiate men’s soccer program.
- Accurately and completely portrays College’s educational programs, expected outcomes, student services, and financial consideration to students, parents, and educators.
- Monitors academic progress and eligibility of men’s soccer student-athletes.
- Participates in appropriate Department of Intercollegiate Athletics activities, including weekly staff meetings, training sessions, orientation programs, cultural and social activities, etc. Makes available any representational and public relations activities.
- Communicates and cooperates in a highly professional manner with all departments and/or administrative units at Columbia College relevant to problems or potential problems that may arise, and ultimately, have an impact on your program.
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management, business, science or closely related field; Master’s preferred.
- Must have at least two (2) years of successful men’s soccer coaching experience, preferably at the college/university level.
- Prior experience working in a college environment with interactions with faculty, staff, and students preferred.
- Must have a strong knowledge of sport specifics, strength training, and game day competitions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours which may include early/late hours, occasional weekends, and the ability to travel.
- Must have a valid SC Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be qualified to operate, willing and able to safely drive a 12 or 15-passenger van which is consistent with the College’s insurance regulations.