- Under guidance of the Head Coach, develops training programs based on scientific training theory.
- Designs, plans, organizes and conducts practice plans for Sprinters, Hurdlers, Jumpers, and Multi-Event Throwers.
- Trains and evaluates Sprinters, Hurdlers, Jumpers, and Multi-Event Throwers at official team practices.
- Observes athletes while they perform to determine need for individual or team improvement.
- Observes student-athletes in official competitions in order to develop a list of needed areas of improvement.
- Meets one on one with student-athletes to provide feedback and answers to student-athletes questions.
- Represents and promotes professional conduct, university good will and high standards at all promotional and media related events including competitions.
- Ensures adherence to all governing rules, university, department, conference, NCAA policies and procedures, including student-athlete benefits. Self-reports all potential NCAA rule violations directly to the Compliance Office.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training with a college-level program.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with athletic participants.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making; be an effective problem solver.
- Specialized knowledge of the team sport or activity, as well as basic technical expertise in coaching principles.
- Current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the affiliated athletic conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) or National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), as well as other associations and agencies to which the campus adheres, and at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.
- Advanced interpersonal, motivational and team leadership skills to work effectively with athletic participants, staff and parents of student athletes.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.