The University of Michigan-Dearborn (UM-Dearborn) invites applications for the position of men's and women's cross country head coach. The position will be responsible for all phases of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) program, within the University, Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC), and NAIA rules and regulations.
- Comply with rules and regulations within the NAIA, WHAC, and University of MichiganDearborn.
- Oversee the planning, organizing, directing, and implementing of all phases of an NAIA men's and women's cross country program.
- Direct all recruiting efforts of prospective student-athletes in regards to evaluations, official and unofficial visits, and high school or transfer student-athlete progress through the NAIA Eligibility Center.
- Oversee all aspects of game preparation including practice and scouting reports.
- Organize pre-season, in-season, and post-season preparation and coaching.
- Design, organize, and direct practices
- Schedule practices and games and arrange transportation and lodging for away competitions.
- A bachelor's degree or a combination of acceptable education and experience, which has provided the requisite knowledge and skills to fulfill the requirements of this position.
- Must have strong organizational skills, with the capacity to establish priorities, manage multiple demands and projects, and meet deadlines.
- A strong customer service orientation and attention to detail, along with excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications, and presentation skills.
- The successful applicant must be a self-starter, with the ability to take initiative and use sound judgment in making decisions and resolving problems.
- Must work effectively, independently and cooperatively with students, staff, faculty, and other internal and external constituents.