Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of teaching skills and strategies for the sport of baseball during practices and games giving the student-athletes a great experience with the best chance to be successful on and off the field.
- Provide individual instruction as permitted by the governing rules of the NCAA in the sport of baseball.
- Hiring, supervising and evaluating of an assistant coach (s).
Coordinate team logistics with Athletic Department staff and other support personnel such as rosters, managers, game and practice schedules, tarp schedule, player injury status, etc.
- Adhere to and support all rules, conditions and regulations as set forth by Worcester State University, Conference affiliations and the National Collegiate Athletic Association pertaining to all aspects of the team's management.
- Serves as mandated Title IX Responsible Employee and Campus Security Authority.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive recruiting plan.
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of coaching and/or playing experience.
- Driver's license.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences (i.e., students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, administration and community).
- Ability to work evening, weekends, and holidays as playing and practice season schedule dictates.
Worcester State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer which seeks to reflect the diversity of its community.