Juniata College invites applications for the position of Part-time Assistant Basketball Coach. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; assisting with all aspects of practice, including individual and small group instruction, game preparation and game-day responsibilities as assigned, recruiting and organizational support as able. The ideal candidate will have a background in competitive basketball as a coach or an athlete, an understanding of the NCAA Division III philosophy, a demonstrated ability to teach and communicate at a high level, and a passion for learning and basketball.
- It is the policy of Juniata College to conduct background checks.
- Qualifications include knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience, a valid driver’s license, and playing experience at the collegiate level.
- Strong communication skills and ability to recruit student athletes successfully is imperative.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Juniata College, NCAA Division III and Landmark Conference rules and regulations are required.
- Ability to demonstrate, assist with, conduct sport specific drills and fundamentals.
- Set up and tear down of sport specific equipment and apparatus, as necessary.
- To promote and sustain the health and safety of our campus community, Juniata College has adopted a Covid-19 vaccine mandate for all Faculty, staff and students. Exemptions to this mandate will be considered for bona fide medical, and religious reasons. Those granted exceptions for reasons other than approved medical or religious exemption may be assessed a monthly fee.