This is for an adjunct pool that will be used to staff part-time assistant coach in the Division of Physical Education and Athletics for the 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 academic year.
Assistant Coach for Men’s Basketball. This assignment includes coaching to a student population that is highly divers in terms of academic preparation, cultural, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds as well as physical and learning abilities. This assignment will also require coaching at games/tournaments that are scheduled in the evening and/or Saturdays.
-Any bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience
- Any associate degree and six years of professional experience.
- A sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
-Provide coaching, instructional, and/or non-instructional services as specified by assignment in a diverse campus and community environment.
-Maintain a course outline for each assigned course.
-Keep accurate records of student enrollment, attendance, and scholastic progress.
-Provide current course orientation materials including syllabus and course outline to each student.
-Maintain currency in subject matter and/or service area.
-Communicate with students and staff in a professional manner.
-Demonstrate versatility in coaching/instructional methodology and versatility in serving a diverse student population.
-Be familiar with and observe appropriate college and Board policies, and current guidelines governing college sports, i.e. CCCAA, CVC, NCAA, NAIA.
-Willingness to promote Cerro Coso Community College through community service and outreach within the local community.
-Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid California Drivers License
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Commitment to student learning.
- Awareness of the Cerro Coso Community College mission, vision, and values.
- Sensitivity to students with a wide range of skills, motivations, and academic goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to experiment using multimedia instructional materials.
- Commitment to working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes teaching, learning and service students.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
•Completed Online Faculty Application for Academic Employment form
•Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
•Current CPR/First Aid Certification
•Copies of legible transcripts
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.