Northern Virginia Community College is accepting applications for a Men’s Basketball Head Coach. The position is responsible for the overall direction and administration of the program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Recruit and retain Student-Athletes to participate on the NOVA Men’s Basketball Team.
- Coach the Men’s Basketball team during all practices and scheduled competitions.
- Schedule all practices, matches and community service.
- Plan and manage all team travel, program budget, equipment needs.
- Monitor team member’s class schedules, class attendance, and academic progress.
- Adhere to all rules and regulations set forth for the program by the college, Region 20, and the NJCAA.
- Assist the athletic department with promoting the NOVA Athletics to the community, alumni, high schools, basketball clubs, media and general public.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Extensive basketball coaching experience at the college, high school or club levels.
- Proven knowledge of NJCAA Basketball and college basketball recruiting.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to drive a 12 or 15-passenger van.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid.