The Coach is responsible for carrying out all duties necessary to prepare an athletic team for a season of excellence. The Head Coach must lead student-athletes to prioritize academics over athletics, and ensure that the team as a whole represents the College in a positive and competitive manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out the day-to-day administrative and coaching duties for a College athletic team, including scheduling and travel, overseeing games, training, conditioning, and other related duties.
- Work with student athletes of varying abilities and backgrounds, and instill a focus on academics, discipline, and teamwork in student athletes.
- Maintain good public relations with media, boosters, advisory committee members, officials, and community members, including providing results and statistics to the media and other organizations as required.
- Recruit qualified student-athletes that will represent the College in a positive and competitive manner, and provide quality athletics coaching to members of the team.
- Maintain athletic budget as well as club fundraising according to College policy.
- Perform general maintenance tasks around campus, such as, for example, making minor repairs, changing lightbulbs, and replacing air filters.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, to be able to work with student-athletes of varying abilities and cultural or socio-economic backgrounds, as well as the media, boosters, officials, and other individuals and organizations.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be able to work collaboratively with other coaches, faculty, administrators, and support staff to support student-athletes.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to oversee athletes, team managers, assistant coaches, and all other staff.