- Oversees all facets of practice, including organizing practice, working with student-athletes on both team and individual skills and preparing opponent scouting reports through breaking down of film.
- Oversees all facets of recruiting prospective student-athletes, including locating, contacting and evaluating prospects who will be quality students at UCA as well as organizing campus and home visits with these prospects.
- Coaches are also responsible for abiding by all NCAA and SLC recruiting regulations.
- Makes appropriate grant in aid recommendations for prospects, transfer, and returning student-athletes.
- Responsible for overseeing all purchases, including supplies, equipment, services, and team travel.
- Also responsible for appropriate allocation of recruiting and scholarship monies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in the technical knowledge of their sport.
- Capability to instruct student-athletes and increase their athletic performance.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Skills Considered Essential for Success:
- Knowledge of the organization and administration of higher education.
- Knowledge of state, federal, and university rules, regulations and procedures.
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently with common goals as a part of a team.
- Ability to make sound judgments.
- Effective interpersonal communication, writing, and organizational abilities.
- Civility in all interactions.