The LACCD is accepting applications for Adjunct Basketball Coach positions at our colleges for the2023 Academic School Year. The purpose of this posting is to create a pool of qualified applicants so that when there is an actual opening at a one of our colleges, the college can then begin their review process by reviewing those applicants.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience, which must be directly related to the teaching assignment.
- Associate’s degree and six years of professional experience, which must be directly related to the teaching assignment.
- A sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coach and supervise the Men’s Basketball team during practice and games.
- Provide the organization, direction, and administration of the Men’s basketball program, this includes recruiting of participants from diverse ethnic groups.
- Work with Student Services Administration to ensure athlete eligibility in compliance with the CCCAA regulations.
- Have a current Class C Driver License and medical card, and/or comply with any new DMV policies and requirements. Travel to contests: be responsible for supervising the student-athletes during bus trips to contests; monitoring staff and student-athletes and ensuring the safety and welfare of all constituents.
- Be current on CCCAA, South Coast Conference and Los Angeles Southwest College rules, policies and guidelines. This includes taking the CCCAA online test and completing the CCCAA Constitution and Bylaws In-Service every year.
- Schedule contests and manage all coaching aspects of the MBB program.
- Develop and execute a fundraising program for Men’s Basketball.