Reporting to the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics, the Head Coach is responsible for the development of a competitive Men's Lacrosse program. The Head Coach will provide program supervision, management, and development that is consistent with the University and departmental goals, in compliance with the NCAA legislation, while positively maintaining community relations, and manage the program’s compliance with the University and Governing Body, and maintaining positive public relationships with the university community.
- Oversee the Lacrosse program, including games, training, practice sessions, and competitions ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained. Conduct preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings.
- Recruit, assess, and evaluate quality student-athletes.
- Establish game plans and execution, set, and communicate appropriate goals and expectations for individuals and team.
- Maintain team discipline and the highest standards of ethics and sportsmanship.
- Meet competitive goals for the program.
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the academic, personal, and physical welfare of each student-athlete; counsel team members and consult with appropriate College staff as necessary for resolution of issues.
- Teach, coach, and mentor coaches, and players utilizing instructional expertise in the technical, tactical, physical, and mental areas of the game.
- Oversee and manage the fundraising program.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1 - 3 years of full-time coaching experience in an NCAA school or coaching experience at the high school level or NAIA college level.
- Must have demonstrated success in recruiting student-athletes.
- Must be involved in community activities and other public relations activities.
- Must possess fiscal skills and fundraising experience.