This position is responsible for assisting the head coach of the assigned sport in a variety of activities related to the successful operation of the athletic team and program. This requires a flexible schedule that may involve some evenings and weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist head coach in teaching skills specific to sport and academic success.
- Assist head coach in supervision and development of practice, scrimmages, and team meetings during traditional season.
- Assist head coach in recruiting and retention of academically qualified student-athletes within the guidelines of Calvin University and the NCAA Division III by recruiting off-campus events and collaborating with the admissions staff for contacts, visits, and other recruiting activities.
- Assist head coach in organizing and supervision of fundraising activities, camps and clinics, and team building activities.
- Assist head coach in game management duties during the fall season.
- Work collaboratively within the athletic department to ensure compliance with NCAA, MIAA and Calvin athletic department regulations.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certified (or ability to obtain certification within six months).
- Ability to travel - weekend work required.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to be insured to drive college vehicles.
- Post-offer background check will be completed.