The Head Coach is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the program, including but not limited to recruiting, schedule, training, monitoring academic progress, promotions, fundraising and coaching team members. The Head Coach is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Benedictine College, the Heart of America Athletic Conference (Heart), and the NAIA.
- Directing all aspects of the coaching and management of the lacrosse program.
- Oversee assistant coaches and peripheral members of the program staff.
- Recruiting and scouting in accordance with the NAIA, Heart, KCAC and Benedictine College policies and procedures.
- Train and coach members of the program.
- Manage a year-round strength and conditioning program.
- Budget management, fundraising, and alumni development.
- Supporting the academic and personal development of all athletes.
- Visible, fully integrated member of the College community.
- Annually propose an effective and competitive schedule for approval by the Athletic Director.
- Recommend scholarship awards for student-athletes.
- Strong preference for lacrosse coaching experience as a head coach.
- Commitment to the overall development of the student-athlete and the mission of the College.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Outstanding work ethic.
- Knowledge of and commitment to NAIA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated success in recruitment. Experience recruiting scholarship athletes highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire student-athletes to develop to their fullest potential.
- Outstanding skills in oral and written communication.