The Colby College Department of Athletics is seeking club coach for our men’s rugby program beginning September 6, 2022 and ending May 30, 2023. The men’s rugby club coach’s responsibilities include managing all duties involved in leading a men’s club rugby” program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- On-site coaching in games and practices, including organization and implementation of daily practices.
- Plan and prepare for games.
- Coordinate team travel.
- Provide support and encouragement to club athletes.
- Understand Colby policies and USA Rugby rules and regulations.
- Ensure safety and well-being of student athletes.
- Serve as an effective role model for college-age students.
- Provide effective communication to the Director of Recreation.
- High school diploma required, Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education and experience preferred.
- Previous experience coaching and or/competing at the collegiate level is highly desirable
- Committed to the values of a liberal arts education.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering.
- Must be organized, take initiative, and utilize strong time management skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license required and must meet the College’s Fleet Safety Policy requirements.
- Ability to travel for team practices and competition.