Davis & Elkins College is seeking a motivated and knowledgeable individual for the position of Men’s Soccer Assistant Coach. This is a full-time, 10-month position that involves assisting the head coach in all aspects of the men’s soccer program.
- Help to identify, and aid in the successful recruitment of academically and athletically talented student-athletes by conducting campus visits, and building relationships with high school coaches and players.
- Assist the head coach in planning and conducting effective practice sessions to develop players’ skills, teamwork, and overall soccer knowledge.
- Assist in organizing, scheduling and coordinating competitions, team travel, equipment management, and other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Support and create fundraising and community engagement efforts to enhance the visibility and support of the soccer program within the College and local community.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to student-athletes, promoting their academic success, personal growth, and overall well-being.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Previous coaching experience, preferably at the collegiate level or equivalent, as well as experience planning and training goalkeeper sessions.
- Ability to manage, coach, and schedule a development team program.
- Strong knowledge of soccer rules, strategies, and player development principles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with student-athletes, parents, coaching staff, College faculty and staff, and external constituents of the College.
- Strong leadership, management, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to make effective decision based on fact and sound judgement. Demonstrated ability to problem solve, initiate, and implement projects independently in effective and efficient manner.
- Commitment to the integrated role athletics plays in an institute of higher education, including the academic success and personal growth of student-athletes.