- Responsible for team practices, game day preparations, team travel, and communicating with University administrators on all matters pertaining to the team, students, and University policy.
- Effectively manage extramural budgets, donations, and expenses incurred by the Men’s Soccer program.
- Ensure compliance with University guidelines including grades, class attendance, the Honor Code, and BYU Housing requirements for all members of the Men’s Soccer team.
- Trains, mentors, and works directly with assistant coaches and athletic trainers.
- Maintains responsibility for team related equipment and its storage.
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in Physical Education, Recreation Management, Exercise Science & Wellness, Student Affairs, or related field.
- Assistant coached 3 or more years at high school or equivalent level.
- Be familiar with US Men’s Soccer guidelines and regulations (preferred).
- Know and understand the NIRSA conference guidelines (preferred).
- Be an approachable and professional person in the workplace (required).
- Be capable of developing leadership in students via team involvement (required).
- Make graduation from college, the highest priority for team members (required).
- Be an example to students and operate within the boundaries established by the missions of BYU (required).
- Motivate students to do well academically, and work tirelessly to support the Honor Code and the principles it stands for (required).