The Head Coach is responsible for planning, programming, directing, supervising and implementing the duties and functions of the men's soccer program. The Head Coach must work closely with all others involved in the EPAC, Region XIX and the College in carrying out the mission and objectives of the intercollegiate athletic program. The Head Coach reports directly to the Director of Wellness, Athletics & Recreation.
- Develop a recruitment plan and actively recruit student-athletes for the program.
- Create long-term player development plan.
- Work with Director of Wellness, Athletics & Recreation to manage budget effectively.
- Practice and competition management – coach and train student-athletes at all scheduled practices and game competitions.
- Academic oversight of men's soccer student-athletes.
- Supervise assistant coach and provide responsibilities accordingly.
- Drive van to away competitions.
- Attend high school or other club competition for recruiting purposes.
- Develop fundraisers for the program.
Experience & Education:
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university (Bachelor's degree preferred).
- 3-5 years of previous soccer coaching experience at high school or college level.
- Previous coaching experience at two-year or four-year college level preferred.
- Knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations a plus.
- Experience as a former athlete in a soccer program at high school or college level a plus.
- Must have a valid state issued drivers' license.