Skagit Valley College (SVC) is accepting applications for a part-time Men’s Soccer Head Coach. This position leads the Men’s Soccer program and works with the Athletic Director, Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC) Athletic Commissioners and campus departments. The Head Coach teaches soccer techniques for collegiate competition and ensures compliance with all NWAC rules and regulations in areas including but not limited to: fundraising, recruiting, eligibility, schedules, travel, and preparing student athletes for competition. SVC is a member of the Northwest Athletic Conference and currently offers nine intercollegiate sports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach soccer techniques and skills at a level appropriate for collegiate competition.
- Provide leadership to the Men's Soccer program, conducting the program in accordance with the NWAC and college rules and regulations.
- Serve as a role model to assist the team members in developing and displaying appropriate behavior and sportsmanship expected of athletic teams and individuals representing SVC.
- Implement NWAC policies as defined in the official NWAC codebook.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and ability to teach the sport;
- Knowledge of the NWAC rules and regulations or willingness to become knowledgeable;
- Strong communication, organizational, and management skills;
- Ability to demonstrate key technical competencies;
- Understanding of and experience working with people of diverse socioeconomic, academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds;
- Ability to promote a philosophy of student success.