Under general direction from the head coach, the assistant coach helps develop strategies for developing and maintaining the Men's Varsity Tennis program. Responsible for overseeing specific aspects of the program including: skill-work, planning and execution of practice and matches, opponent scouts/film breakdown, on and off-campus recruiting, conditioning programs, fundraising events, and various administrative duties for team travel.
- Observes players while they perform to determine the need for individual or team improvement and participates in student athlete performance.
- Ensures adherence to all governing rules, university, department, conference, NCAA policies and procedures and NCAA compliance.
- Represents and promotes professional conduct, university good will and high standards at all events and matches and may assist in coaching at competitive events.
- May assist in most practice and conditioning sessions.
- May assist in the recruitment of prospective athletes within the framework of the university, department, conference and current D3 bylaws and manual.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training with a college-level program.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with athletic participants, staff, and parents of student athletes.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making; be an effective problem solver.
- Effective verbal communication skills which are vital in dealing with our players and staff, as well as within the larger department, with alumni, and recruits and their families.
- Effective written communication skills including the use of social media.
- Specialized knowledge of the team sport or activity, as well as basic technical expertise in coaching principles.