The Head Coach is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Men’s Tennis program and leading our student-athletes to exceptional heights on a national and world-class level in competition, in the classroom, and in the community. This includes coaching and developing student-athletes in a high performance culture, recruiting the next generation of Golden Bears, leading and mentoring an assistant coach, meeting and exceeding annual fundraising targets, implementing innovative match management ideas, and utilizing highly organized administrative and budget management techniques.
- Coaches team at practices and competitive events.
- Assumes responsibility for building a nationally competitive Division I program through successful recruiting and retention of high-level student-athletes.
- Collaborates with Assistant Coach, Athletic Performance Coach, and Athletic Trainers to design both academic year (in season and out-of-season) and summer conditioning programs.
- Responsible for fiscal responsibility of the program, including annual operating budget, expense reconciliation, and purchasing. Operates program within the department approved budget guidelines.
- In conjunction with various units within the athletic department, participates in donor meetings, events, and public relations activities.
- Must have highly advanced and effective interpersonal, motivational, and team leadership skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate creativity, sound judgment and decision-making, be an effective problem solver, and communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be recognized expert in individual sport, team sport, and coaching principles for student-athletes.
- Must have supervisory and leadership skills to mentor and develop assistant coaching or program instruction staff.
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.