The Volleyball Coach is responsible for instructing and educating a men’s team on the game of volleyball as well as teaching and demonstrating fundamentals of sports, sportsmanship, teamwork, and time management while communicating the importance of co-curricular learning. Part time Independent Staff classification.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct two tryout sessions and select a competition squad.
- Plan for and conduct regular practice sessions.
- Attend all competitions and practices.
- Maintain knowledge of game, rules, and skills necessary for the sport.
- Advise team in sports rules, game strategies, and performance principles.
- Concentrate on the improvement of players while still keeping participation fun for all students.
- Determine the game line up and make changes as needed. Ensure all players that were chosen have the opportunity to play.
- Instruct players during game play and conduct pre-game and post-game procedures
- Communicate professionally with game officials.
- Two (2) years coaching and two (2) years volleyball playing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of rules and skills of particular sport.
- Willingness to place emphasis on the studies first and athletics second.
- First Aid and CPR certification preferred.
- Willingness to assist in approved marketing and recruiting of current WCC students.