Guides an intercollegiate athletics sports program. Allocates resources to meet schedules and achieve results. Identifies program goals and develops and leads strategies for effective programs. Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the sports program. May provide guidance to other personnel.
- Proposes the strategies, goals, and goals for the sports program on a short and long-term basis.
- Assumes full team responsibility for the performance of the team.
- Plan, schedule and supervise practices that condition and train athletes, ensure safety, develop skills and teach Principles of Community.
- Scout opponents, prepare student-athletes in strategic preparation, coaches team at competitive events and perform game management.
- Plans, conducts and supervises all practices and conditioning sessions.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training with a college-level program.
- Highly advanced and effective interpersonal, motivational and team-building skills to work effectively with athletic participants, staff and parents of student-athletes.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity, sound judgment and decision-making; be an effective problem solver and be highly effective communicating verbally, in writing and for live media presentations.
- Recognized expertise in team sport and coaching principles for student athletes.
- Supervisory and leadership skills to mentor and develop Administrators and/or program instruction staff.