To assist with the daily coaching and recruitment activities of the Men’s and Women’s Tennis teams. Assist the Coach with all areas of the program including but not limited to coaching, film exchange, budget administration and recruiting of prospective student athletes.
- Practice and game coaching.
- Recruits student-athletes.
- Conditioning, off-season program, fund raising, tennis camps, equipment distribution and inventory.
- Monitoring of the academic progress of the program’s student-athletes.
- Community involvement and public relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- As condition of employment this position requires the applicant to be authorized to operate a University-Owned Vehicle for Official University Business. Per University of Texas System Policy 157, applicants will be subject to a motor vehicle record check for their most recent thirty-six (36) month history. Out of State Drivers are required to submit a 36-month history MVR from their prior State of residence(s).
- One (1) years of collegiate level tennis and/or professional level coaching and/or playing experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status.